Saturday, January 21, 2012

The more the merrier

The list of people who have signed up to do IM Louisville is growing...that's exciting!

Joe Abiog, Ginger Kobliska, Mark Ahonen, Raj Danala, and Polly Weitzman

It will be great having a big group of people doing the race, including having training partners (especially on the longer rides and runs).

We also have our own photographer and historian, Rachel Abiog!

There is one other person who is thinking about doing the race, but I will leave his name anonymous until he signs up.

Last night, we had a group social for Personal Best Training.  There was a lot of talk about doing various events.  If you weren't careful, Coach Sean or someone else was talking you into do a race, including IM Louisville.

This is week 3 of my training.  Today, I swam for an hour and ran for an hour.  Due to the weather, I had to run on the dreadmill.  I was actually glad, as I have been dealing with what I hope is not turf toe.  I am learning that there will be aches and pains and to not get too excited, as it is a long season.

I am finding myself getting hungry more often.  That will be a challenge going forward...to find food that will fill me up and that is good for me to eat with my training.

As some of you may know, I am a newer swimmer.  When I signed up to do Nation's Triathlon through Team In Training in 2009, I took beginner swim lessons at the Y.  I am still working on technique and endurance.  Some days, I feel like I am making progress, while other days I feel I have a long way to go.  I trust the process and coach Sean.  I might go to Indy Swim Masters and swim with others. 

I am keeping my mantra of "one day at a time, one training session at a time", not getting too far ahead of myself.  It is a long journey, but one I am ready for.

We watched the video of Kona World Championship last night.  When they showed people crossing the finish line, that reinforced my reason for doing (and completing this race...one of many reasons)...I want to hear my name being called as being an Ironman! 

No comments:

Post a Comment